Friday, October 22, 2010

Bird Watch - Miami

If you are like me and love your ornithology, then the Florida Keys is the place to be. There were so many birds kicking about it nearly blew my mind.

My expedition was organised in Miami with my support crew. We located an experienced captain and a humble boat to take me down to Key Largo for the hot shots.

Hold on tight…Here we go!!

IMG_2187
Check out this hot bird roosting. It is a white headed Columbian eagle.
IMG_2188
I was extremely lucky to snap this long necked whitey unawares. Wow!
IMG_2194
This bird is having a great time. It is flying.
IMG_2204
Not birds but fish!
IMG_2199
Check out this lark!
IMG_2232
This is a lonely no2 bird in the rain.
IMG_2211
Check out this hot chick! It’s plumage is so delicately beautiful. It is an ocean gull, or sea gull as some might know it.
IMG_2212
Whhhoa! Lookout!!! it is a swarm of Ocean Gulls!
IMG_2208
Here are 2 no27 birds. They are famous for the Jesus Christ Pose.
IMG_2230
Lots of No 27 Birds hanging on a no 1 sign. LOLZCAT!
Untitled
This is a wild Peli-cenis. I was too slow to take a photo so I had to draw it from memory.
 

 

 

Bird watch Miami …. Behind the scenes

Heaps and heaps of organisation was put in by many people to make this expedition possible. So big thanks to everyone involved. Here are some snaps of you and me having fun!

IMG_2171
I am pointing to where the birds like to roost.
IMG_2192
Salty dog Cpt Jim with his leftover Mahi Mahi sandwich from Gilberts.
IMG_2149
Charlotte, Numero Uno of my Miami support crew.
IMG_2186
A sunset. Grand.
IMG_2181
My humble abode for a few days. Booked from Sailtime Miami.
IMG_2177
The boats accommodations were rather Spartan.
IMG_2220
Me learning sailing and Cpt Jim having fun!
IMG_2183
Me recording the birds spotted for the governement bird watching department.

As you can tell, a great time was had by all, especially me. As well as getting some super hot bird shots, I also attained 2 stages of learning to sail. Soon I am hoping to be regarded as a salty dog, just like Cpt Jim.

Location : El Hostel, Antigua, Guatemala
Ears : Dodgey spanish midday drama

Click "Like" to join Brad Eat World on Facebook

Click to receive updates via email or use