Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Two years on the road

18/09/2012 – London to Lima – 2 More Years, Bloc Party

Two years ago today, I was finally leaving. All the last minute mish mash of things to sort out, banking to tidy up, things given away and the rest all boxed to send to the opposite side of the world. It wasn’t a happy time. It was that London September drizzle, not cold, but it manages to make all the sidewalks that sludgy slippery. And that was me. London 8 years, and all I had was on my back.

As I went to leave my sisters flat in Maida Vale for the last time, the approaching loneliness hit me, I was scared. I turned to give a brave smile and hug her goodbye, and she came out with some parting advice. Quite simply she said “All good adventures begin with a bloody mary”. Hahaha! Nice! Good! Great! I hold that to my heart, what advice, and funnily enough it was true.

And now, today, 2 years later, here I am. Sitting in Duncans modern apartment writing this 2 year anniversary blog. And to what happened in between?, well, who knows, I can’t really remember, a few years older?…

I set out on my adventure to find a future. A tough task indeed. There are so many options open today, countries, jobs, volunteer work, and through all my methodical filtering, planning and working of ideas I find myself settling here in Lima, Perú. Why oh why in this absolutely dull, boring dirty and dangerous hell hole?…Well to be honest…I like it here.

So future found? I guess so, I have a beautiful, intelligent girlfriend, a nice place to stay and most recently a new company. As I am a complete information nerd with a love of heavy metal, I have taken on the task of creating Lima Events and Gig Guide. La Cucaracha is a project of love, and learning. And as with starting any new company I best get back to work.

Hasta Pronto. x.b.rad

reporting from: Grimaldo del Solar, Lima Perú

Click "Like" to join Brad Eat World on Facebook

Click to receive updates via email or use