Tuesday, November 29, 2011

London - The Return

8 – 21 Oct 2011 – London, EnglandThe Orb, The Orbs adventures beyond the Ultraworld

Holy SHAZAM Batman, heading back to London after one crazy ride. Over the last 3 weeks I had visited 5 countries, and now the return home. Home I say, where is home? Is it where you feel comfortable, where the heart is?

P1040544

Anyways it was great to be back, back to civilisation, costa coffee, the Heathrow express. and those familiar bright yellow signs in Heathrow directing you to your next transit.

It was 6 am when I arrived, and a beautiful autumn morning. I grabbed a train to Ealing Broadway, purchased an oyster travel card, and was off to Glens for a few days on the couch before the next destination ….. unknown.

So this was it. The end of the trip. The around the world ticket was expended. It was one year and one day since the first flight to Miami. So what the hell was I going to do here? Settle back in? Get a job? Holy bejesus batman. What to do, what to do…..

P1040558
I loved being back. This is an awesome city. I think it is the best in the world.
P1040565
Cool as bananas London's red buses travelling throughout the night. All those late night bus memories came flooding back.
P1040592
Impeccable and distinguished architecture
P1040623
and a dick shaped buildings full of dickheads, how ironic

So with unknown plans I went about to see what had changed since my departure. It turned out to be a lot, and also not much.

P1040551
First stop was to see the coolest new parents in the world. That being Lady Tess and The Jez and introducing El Bebé Nuevo, Elie Sky
P1040584
I couldn’t miss a few quiets with the extremely hospitable and magnificent Mr Glen
P1040585
Alice who was to depart the next weekend to Canada for magical trip with her awesome girlfriend
P1040595
The always cool TimTam, sneaked some time out of Uni to do what students do best
P1040598
Mr Rizwan fiddling my books so I can keep on travelling
P1040603
And then back to London old times. A big night out and about in the bars. Here is Will and his wonderful new business idea
P1040605
Patrick the mac all the way from Medellin Colombia. He made it to London for a quick photo
P1040608
Sunny smiling as always, came along to keep the calm
P1040646
And more party time with the crew from Dunedin on a giant brass horse
P1040648
Which Daz and Sidez frown upon.
P1040654
The next day started out with the family. Here super sisters Tam and Rachel, with her man Brian drinking cider at the Scolt Head
P1040683
and a quick one with Adrian from the rugby club
P1040685
A catchup with the wonderful and expecting Natalie, congrats girl!°°!
P1040686
and also the superb Jess who donated me her mozzie net and repellents over a year ago.

Well kablam batman, that was a lot of people to catch up with. And through all of this, a decision had to be made and so a decision was. I realised I couldn’t get started again in London, the adventures of South America were still burning in my heart. I had to return.

P1040689

I looked and I booked and I was off. This time a one way ticket. Who knows what is to become. My initial destination, Cochabamba, Bolivia, where good weather, fresh food, great people and cheap living await.

laters x.b.rad.

Reporting from my apartment in Cochabamba (overlooking the biggest statue of christ in the world)

Click "Like" to join Brad Eat World on Facebook

Click to receive updates via email or use